Friday, July 6, 2007

The iPhone



McNay on Money





The iPhone
I was looking almost caught up in the craze about iPhones until I read Joe Nocera's column in the New York Times. Joe saved me a lot of money and aggravation.

I love my iPod and was headed out to purchase an iPhone until Joe noted that the phone DOES NOT HAVE A REMOVEABLE BATTERY. If the iPhone battery gets weak or dies, you have to send the whole thing back to Apple and pray they get you a new one quickly.

I will stick with my Sidekick. I was the first in Kentucky to have a Sidekick and I am generally an early adopter of technology, but not technology that won't allow you to change batteries.

Read Joe's column. Howard Kurtz referenced it on his Reliable Sources television program on CNN and it is getting a lot of attention.

Joe Nocera's Column on iPhones:
http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=backroom;pid=590848;d=this

Joe is one of the greatest business writers in history and wrote (or edited) two of my favorite business books, A Piece of the Action and The Smartest Guys in the Room.

Both are must-reads. Joe is also an avid reader of my column and does not hesitate to tell me what he likes and doesn't like.

No comments: